Head of Product Strategy
You will lead a team of product managers, UX researchers and a UI designer to peak performance in an agile and fast paced environment. You’ll install a product culture that incorporates best practice across product planning, customer discovery, product discovery and product development. You’ll champion growth by delivering innovative payment solutions that deliver a flawless user experience, whilst at the same time complying with risk and regulatory requirements.
- Accountable, alongside the management team, for the development of the long-term product vision to provide a balance of business needs, customer experience priorities and regulatory requirements, within the context of delivering CardUp’s strategic themes.
- Develop and own the product roadmap, distilling the product vision and strategy into actionable plans and detailed requirements and prototypes. Validate these to ensure they are technically viable. Turn ideas into action and do whatever it takes to get the feature rolled out.
- Understand of our customers and their needs, learning from their behavior (analytics, tracking, research and insight) and use this data to create products and services that are valuable, usable and feasible.
- Be a trusted business leader and the bridge between the technical and business team, understanding the language of the business, the market needs of the customer as well as regulatory requirements. Engage and influence stakeholders through constant evangelism to build cross-functional buy-in and commitment to a shared product vision and strategy.
- Lead ideation, development, launch, and iteration of approaches to improve revenue and user experience for our site across desktop and mobile.
- Own all product partnerships (Xero, etc.) and drive business growth through these, in line with the company’s strategic priorities. Represent CardUp as the product lead in meetings with banks or other partners and show a deep understanding of the product’s technical ability and boundaries.
- Play a lead role in marketing the product, working closely with the marketing team to relay the product’s value and benefits and how to communicate these to users.
- Stay close and be aware of all relevant government regulations, payment legislation and customer data policies.
- 10+ years product management experience in fintech or consumer facing technology platforms.
- 3+ years people leadership experience.
- Domain knowledge in the payments space and past experience building and scaling payments products across APAC markets.
- Demonstrated ability to project manage a technical product rollout using agile and scrum development methodologies.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also * Excellent communication skills and personal qualities of integrity, credibility and quality.