Senior Frontend Engineer
SCube is looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to join our team.
You will be responsible for crafting robust, beautiful, usable interfaces for the users of our products and our client’s projects. You will play an integral role in connecting and collaborating with strategy, design, and backend to create a cohesive and organized final experience and enthusiastically own getting to the most optimal solution. You thrive working in a collaborative and engaging environment and love being part of teams and systems that actively seek your experience in helping us grow and improve.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, read on!
- Collaborate with your team to deeply understand the needs of our users and clients and then plan, design, and build features that best serve those needs
- Take ownership of the work you do on projects from strategy to design to implementation to deployment and maintenance
- Be an impactful contributor to your team, discipline, and company, participating in our culture and helping us improve and push our internal tools, libraries, workflows, and standards forward
- Actively participate in team scrum meetings
- Deliver maintainable, efficient, and high-quality code
- Build and maintain scalable code
- Design and build features that are performant, accessible, and steeped in the best practices of modern frontend development standards and patterns
- Participate in keeping our internal tooling and systems current
- Ensure that the quality of our design implementation and user experience is the very best it can be (design and development work very closely together at SCube)
- Share knowledge and collaborate with fellow developers across the company
- Code review the work of other developers
- Experience in working with REST/GraphQL APIs
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- Exceptional HTML & CSS (including experience with Sass or PostCSS and BEM) skills
- Experience working with design systems and design system thinking
- Mid to advanced level experience developing WordPress powered sites
- Extensive knowledge of modern frontend development standards
- Proficiency at local environment setups, including docker
- Proficiency in version control, namely GIT
- You have experience working in a remote, fast-paced, and highly collaborative environment with peers from different backgrounds and skillsets.
- You pay attention to and are passionate about the details.
- You take pride in and value team success.
- You are thoughtful and motivated when it comes to approaching your work. This includes being comfortable with proactively driving feature requirements whether that be identifying gaps and asking questions or helping flesh out additional details.
- Contributions to the open-source community
- Experience building sites that are accessible (you’ve worked with WAI-ARIA and done WCAG 2.0+ AA/Section 508 work) and performant (working knowledge of best practices)
- Experience with React, Vue, or React Native and Web and/or Native App engineering
- Background working on large scale WordPress projects
- Hands-on experience with tools like Jekyll, Gatsby and Next.js
- Ability to connect headless CMS systems such as Contentful, NetlifyCMS, Storyblok or Prismic with a JAMstack site
- Experience with node.js
- Basic understanding of serverless architecture
Work from Chennai office or anywhere and join our distributed team working across the globe. If your timezone is outside of UK/India business hours, but you work at least 3-4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You should be fluent in English and just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the SCube.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
Who We Are
SCube is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project.
Who You Are
To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is away. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.